Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Blanket Cardigan

This is from a B.O.B. Cardigan pattern that I found on my favorite knitting website, Ravelry. The B.O.B. actually stands for "Button on Blanket", but I took the easier route of not including button holes, and installing a zipper instead. Since I ended up knitting it a little on the small side, due to a shortage of yarn, I thought a zipper might be best for a "proper" fitting.
I love the end result and am very pleased with the warmth that surrounds me when I put it on! It truly is a blanket of a cardigan!!

Regarding this project, the truth of the matter is, I've had it completed for quite a few months...it was finished in early June if not late May of this year, but I haven't had the zipper sew in, and let's face it...it's not quite "blanket weather" yet. I was just so excited to knit this cardi, using up some stash yarn of Lion Brand: Chunky Wool-Ease in Bluebell, that I had to start this sweater as soon as I saw it!! It does need to be blocked a bit in places - especially in the sleeve/armpit area, but I know it will be a perfect companion to football games and outdoor activities throughout the fall months.


I'm so glad to finally be posting this project, as it's been waiting so patiently for me to do something with it! But the days are now getting shorter, and the nights are getting a bit cooler....I doubt it will be too long before you can see me sporting it to the supermarket, or keeping me warm on my way to work in the morning!!
Happy Fall knitting to all!!
Soon to come...more Baby Projects for little Ramona!!

-mab

No comments:

Post a Comment